Tango-Endo

Moderator: olgafernandes

Re: Tango-Endo

Postby Dr.Mathew Thomas on Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Hello Dr.Barry,
Well i saw the vedio of tango Endo usage, if i am right it is worked as a rotary instrument and inserted into the canal in a working motion. Please correct me if am wrong.
Thanking you
Dr.Mathew
Dr.Mathew Thomas

Postby vonore on Thu May 28, 2015 9:46 am

Barry,

I want to confirm what I think you already stated, current users of the safesider system would need tp purchase the Tango-Endo reciprocating handpiece instead of using the Endo-Express reciprocating handpiece?  

Eric
vonore

Postby BarryMusikant on Thu May 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Dr.Mathew Thomas wrote:Hello Dr.Barry,
Well Thnak you so much for the information, one last question on EDS tango usage, do you advice to insert into the 30/04 and 30/02 until it binds in the canal or the working length with the  instrument on the EDS Tango hand piece, or insert it into the root canal space in a working motion(reciprocal).
Please advice me on it.
Thanking you
Dr.Mathew

Dr. Mathew,

You want the handpiece already oscillating just as you start entering the canal. Don't wait for it to first bind apically.

Regards, Barry
BarryMusikant

Postby BarryMusikant on Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Well i saw the vedio of tango Endo usage, if i am right it is worked as a rotary instrument and inserted into the canal in a working motion. Please correct me if am wrong.
Thanking you
Dr.Mathew

Dr. Mathew,

Yes you are right. It is in motion when it first enters the canal, but the motion is limted to a 30-45 degree arc of motion.

Regards, Barry
BarryMusikant

Postby BarryMusikant on Thu May 28, 2015 12:14 pm

vonore wrote:Barry,

I want to confirm what I think you already stated, current users of the safesider system would need tp purchase the Tango-Endo reciprocating handpiece instead of using the Endo-Express reciprocating handpiece?  

Eric

Eric,

That is correct. We created a latch type reciprocating handpiece because we do not want the dentists using these two instruments manually where they would have the leeway to over rotate the instruments increasing the chances of instrument separation. This will not happen if confined to the reciprocating handpiece.

Regards, Barry
BarryMusikant

Postby Dr.Mathew Thomas on Thu May 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Hello Dr.Barry,
Well thankyou so much for the confirmation of the usage. it is great, and surely we are going to try it.
You know i am using EDS receprocating hand piece. Thank you for giving space for me in your busy schedule.
Thanking you
Dr.Mathew
Dr.Mathew Thomas

Postby BarryMusikant on Sat May 30, 2015 8:25 am

Well Thnak you so much for the information, one last question on EDS tango usage, do you advice to insert into the 30/04 and 30/02 until it binds in the canal or the working length with the  instrument on the EDS Tango hand piece, or insert it into the root canal space in a working motion(reciprocal).
Please advice me on it.
Thanking you
Dr.Mathew

Dr. Mathew,

I am a little wary of the word "binding". I don't want any instrument to completely bind. It should meet resistance on the way to the apex that is fairly easily overcome with a light pecking motion. So, I would first take the 30/02 to the apex, using a light pecking motion and not expecting a bind where I would then have to apply a lot more apical pressure. I don't want that. Then I would use the 30/04 in the same light pecking manner. If at any time in the procedure, something that will occur rarely, I actually got a hard bind, I would go back to the SafeSider, say a 35/02 to make sure I have a slightly wider glide path and then use the two tango instruments. That to me is the safest and most effective way to use these instruments.

Thanks for asking these questions. I believe they will help others too.

Warm regards, Barry
BarryMusikant

Postby chuchro on Sat May 30, 2015 2:20 pm

BarryMusikant wrote:Dr. Mathew,

Yes you are right. It is in motion when it first enters the canal, but the motion is limted to a 30-45 degree arc of motion.

Regards, Barry

So to sum it up, is the new handpiece reciprotating 60* like the safesiders one, or is it lower: 30-45 degrees?
chuchro

Postby BarryMusikant on Sat May 30, 2015 3:55 pm

chuchro wrote:
BarryMusikant wrote:Dr. Mathew,

Regards, Barry

So to sum it up, is the new handpiece reciprotating 60* like the safesiders one, or is it lower: 30-45 degrees?

Churchro,

The Safesider reciprocating handpiece has always oscillated between 30º and 45º-really closer to 30º and that is exactly the same motion generated with the Tango reciprocating handpiece.

Regards, Barry.

PS. What you never want to happen is using the Tango instruments in a regular slow speed handpiece. That would lead to immediate breakage.
BarryMusikant

Previous

Return to Endodontics