tips for long tooth

Moderator: olgafernandes

tips for long tooth

Postby rich on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 am

Hi,
Can you please give me some tips on how you would approach a canine with a long root (30-31mm)?  Some of the problems I have with are: how to attach clip for apex locator to file since the rubber stopper is at the very end.  Rubber stopper may be preventing me to get to working length or 1/2 mm longer for glide path, because it is at the end of the file shank.  Thanks.
rich

Re: tips for long tooth

Postby BarryMusikant on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:21 pm

rich wrote:Hi,
Can you please give me some tips on how you would approach a canine with a long root (30-31mm)?  Some of the problems I have with are: how to attach clip for apex locator to file since the rubber stopper is at the very end.  Rubber stopper may be preventing me to get to working length or 1/2 mm longer for glide path, because it is at the end of the file shank.  Thanks.

If the length of the tooth is greater than 31 mm you would have to take away some of the plastic handle to expose more of the metal shank. The other alternative is to cut the tooth down a bit, but that may not be a viable option. Take the rubber stop off if it is reducing the usable length of the metal shank. Those are the only options I can think of.

Regards, Barry
BarryMusikant

Re: tips for long tooth

Postby chuchro on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:08 pm

You can also use 35mm files/reamers or use veterinarian instruments 40 or even 70mm :)
chuchro

Return to Endodontics